Maybe you're struggling to top-up your gas or electricity meter. Perhaps you're living in a cold, damp home that's hard to heat. You might even be threatened with disconnection.
We can help you to regain control of your energy usage, make your home easier to heat and even clear your gas and electricity debts. Our Energy Advice Project is available to anyone in Wales and can help you:
- maximise your income with benefit entitlement checks
- deal with energy bill arrears including negotiating affordable repayment plans
- tackle underlying issues such as benefit problems or other debts, including access to further specialist advice
- clear gas and electricity bill debts through grant applications to Trust funds
- secure grants for white goods such as washing machines, cookers, boilers, tumble dryers and fridge-freezers
- access supplier schemes and discounts such as the Warm Home Discount and Priority Service Register
- get free energy-related home improvements like insulation or central heating
- compare tariffs and suppliers to get the lowest bills and find the most suitable payment methods
- help meet other priority expenses such as funeral bill arrears or bankruptcy fees
All our advice is completely free of charge, impartial and confidential. We only employ specialist advisers so you know you're getting the best possible help.
If you need help with an energy-related issue, pop in and see us at one of our clinics, drop us an email or give us a call on 029 2045 3111.
If you're a support worker or carer, please complete our referral form and we'll be in touch.
Tuesday & Friday
10.00 - 12.30
166 Richmond Road
13.00 - 16.00
Emergency top-ups for pre-payment meters
(British Gas customers only)
In certain circumstances we can obtain free top-up vouchers for pre-payment gas and electricity meters. These vouchers can only be issued to British Gas customers where there is a crisis situation involving low-income and health issues. To make a referral for an emergency credit voucher, please complete the form below. If you are in need of emergency credit but are not supported by an organisation that can make a referral, please contact us on 029 2045 3111.