With rising fuel costs, poor quality housing and reductions in household income, more and more people are struggling to afford to keep their home warm. This is particularly difficult during the colder winter months and for those experiencing ill health. We offer a range of services to help you regain control of your energy usage, make your home easier to heat and even clear gas and electricity debts. We aim to help relieve fuel poverty across Wales and provide advice and assistance to any individual or family experiencing financial difficulties.
All our advice is completely free of charge, impartial and confidential. We only employ specialist advisers so you know you're getting the best possible advice.
Our Energy Advice Project provides advice and assistance to anyone in Wales and can help:
- clear gas and electricity bill debts through grant applications to Trust funds with a 92% success rate
- deal with energy bill arrears, including negotiating affordable repayment plans
- tackle underlying issues such as benefit problems or other debts, including access to further specialist advice
- secure grants for white goods, such as washing machines, cookers, boilers, tumble dryers and fridge-freezers
- access to schemes and discounts, such as the Warm Home Discount
- help getting free energy-related home improvements, such as insulation or central heating
- advice on switching tariff or supplier and the best payment methods
- meet other priority expenses, such as funeral bill arrears or bankruptcy fees